In the recent era, health and fitness are one of the major topics that often determine the physical potential of a person. Every second person in the world craves for a fit body and slim belly to look wonderful and draw the attention of the people. However, losing weight requires a lot of hard work, patience, diet and workouts.
If you desire to lose certain pounds in the easiest yet effective way then no need to worry as now the research and various scientific studies have proven that the intake of protein shakes regularly can aid you to get the desired body shape within a short period of time. Now the question is how much protein shakes a day to lose weight? Generally, as per the scientists and doctor’s recommendation, two protein shakes per day is sufficient for reducing the belly fat.
Following the two shake diet plan, you are no more required to starve and skip the square meals rather you can sustain a healthy and nutritious diet along with the protein shakes to stay fit. This diet involves:
- Drink two protein shakes containing low carbohydrates and high quantity of protein.
- Add psyllium in the drink
- Add one tablespoon of the product containing Omega-3 (like flaxseed oil)
- Add vegetable and fresh fruits to it
- Make sure to reduce the consumption of calories intake to no more than 300 per day.
How Much Protein Shakes a Day to Lose Weight Within a Few Days
If you desire to lose at least 5 pounds of weight in two weeks then prefer having two protein shakes. You can either go for whey protein shakes or soy protein. Generally, the one protein shake comprises around 200 calories hence; you consume 400 calories per day.
According to the surveys, people that drank two protein shakes each day lost around 4 pounds of weight within two weeks and apart from it, they also observe the diminishing abdominal fat. The major advantage of this shakes is that you are neither necessitated to follow a particular weight loss diet plan nor you need to starve. The best time to have the first shake is in the morning before breakfast and in the night at the time of dinner.
How to Prepare a Perfect Protein Shake to Lose Weight?
Get a shake containing a superior quality protein powder and add the same in water rather than juice. Add around 30-35 grams of protein in the mixture and boost up the same by adding veggies, fruits, and fibre. Though you can opt for any protein available in the market, the top-most variety includes:
- Whey protein – with the content of 20-25 grams of protein per shake and about 150 calories, the whey protein has proven to be one of the best servings for muscles build-up and a fit body. Moreover, it offers an easy satiety and proper digestion.
- Milk and protein blends – most of the milk proteins contain both the whey as well as casein to aid you to get the benefits of both the ingredients. The major advantage of the intake of milk protein shake is that it involves the slow process of digestion and hence, assist a person to feel full for a long period of time.
- Meal replacement powder – MRP is a famous protein powder that consists of about 300 calories per serving. This powder is basically prepared by the combination of whey and milk protein in it. It also includes vitamins, carbohydrates, fibre, and much more. Due to a high quantity of calories and protein, most of the people prefer having the half shake.
- Egg or plant protein – if you are having allergy with the dairy products then this is the most appropriate protein shake for you. It is the non dairy protein powder that works as an alternative to milk and whey protein shakes. It consists of vitamins, minerals, fibre, amino acids, and other such essential weight loss ingredients.
Why is it Important to Add Fibre to the Protein Shake?
The intake of fibre reduces the hunger level by absorbing the water and spreading out in your stomach to create a feeling of fullness. In order to lose weight is the easiest way; it is advisable to include 25 to 30 grams of fibre in your protein shake. Apart from diminishing the hunger, fibre like Psyllium plays a vital role in helping you to get rid of the digestion issues and constipation. Some of the major fibre containing items is:
- Chia seeds
Add Omega-3 Fats in the Protein Shakes
Omega-3 fats are mainly known because of its insulin resistance and fat burning properties in the body. A single tablespoon of Omega-3 fats is adequate to lessen the feeling of hunger. Some of the essential ingredients containing omega-3 fats are Flaxseed oil, fish oil, and Chia seeds.