A number of remedies are available for curing gum disease. Treatment is essential to prevent the disease from spreading to other parts of the mouth. Scroll down to know more about that aspect.
Gum diseases are different types and are mainly caused by a bacterial infection of the gums. These infections are usually not treated until a later stage reaches, making it difficult to treat. Gingivitis and periodontitis are the two main types or stages of gum problems affecting nearly 35% of adults. Failure to properly treat these two phases can result in tooth loss.
The Different Stages Explained
☛ During the gingivitis stage, the bacteria in the plaque on the teeth begin to irritate the gums, causing them to swell, redden, and bleed easily. An early indication is when you observe bleeding in the gums while brushing your teeth.
☛ When gingivitis is ignored and untreated, it progresses periodontitis, which is characterized by the formation of pockets around the teeth. These pockets are openings between the teeth and the gums where the plaque is built over time.
☛ This causes great damage to the tissues and teeth. That is why, it is essential to treat the problem in the gingivitis phase itself.
Causes Of Gum Disease Receding Gums
Gum disease receding gums is a result of poor oral hygiene in combination with a number of other factors, such as smoking, alcohol use, food intakes such as popcorn, improper use of toothpicks and a lack of essential nutrients. Other causes are often clamping or teeth grinding; incorrect teeth alignment; badly done entries; medical conditions such as diabetes, menopause, and pregnancy in women; and the consumption of certain medications.
Treating Gum Disease
Enforcement Oral Hygiene
- First and foremost, maintaining good oral hygiene is of utmost importance to prevent any kind of dental health-related Good oral health habits can help in reversing gingivitis and preventing periodontitis.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a good antibacterial toothpaste.
- Make assured to brush your teeth after eating sticky food such as chocolate and popcorn.
- It is a healthy habit to rinse the mouth and floss the teeth after every meal.
- If possible, use an antibacterial mouthwash to increase your mouth thoroughly.
- Always get rid of your teeth with food particles that may have got stuck between the teeth.
- Furthermore, scrape your tongue with a tongue scraper to get rid of bacteria on the tongue.
- Use a good quality toothbrush and floss to avoid injuring the gums and tissues around the teeth.
Natural Cures To Reverse Receding Gums
Once the gum disease has reached the periodontitis stage, it is extremely important to consult a dentist for appropriate treatment. You may be asked to undergo a gum surgery or laser treatment if the bags are too deep. Together with the antibiotics prescribed, you can also follow a number of safe and natural treatments at home. Below are some of them:
- Consuming nutritional supplements such as vitamin C, zinc supplements, or myrrh capsules can be very useful in curing gum disease
- Massage your gums and teeth with essential oils such as clove, eucalyptus or peppermint oil. Do this twice a day, and make sure that you do not rinse off the oil.
- Prepare an antibacterial mouthwash with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and water. Mix them in the ratio of 1: 1, and use this to rinse your mouth twice a day.
- Prepare a solution by mixing soda and water. Apply this to your teeth and gums with your fingers. After a few minutes, gently massage your teeth and gums with the solution. Rinse with water and repeat once or twice.
- Rinsing your mouth with saline is also a highly efficient solution.
The treatment options mentioned above must be followed only after consultation with the dentist. He/she will determine the stage of the problem before making a cure for it. Consumption of medication is essential for the condition to cure fully. Once it is healed, a dental hygiene regimen follows to prevent the repetition of such problems.
Homemade Natural Receding Gum Mouthwash
This homemade all-natural herbal mouthwash not only gives you a fresh and clean feeling, but the ingredients also have antibacterial properties that your teeth and gums need.
Recipe Take mouthwash
- 5 cup water
- 5 Take leaves (or 10 grams of powder)
- 2 -3 pieces of cloves
- 1 teaspoon (sea or Himalayan) salt.
- Boil the water in a pan.
- Once the water is boiling, add the Azadirachta indica leaves (or powder), the cloves and the salt.
- Let it cool down, sieve it and put it in a glass bottle.
You can keep this mouthwash in the fridge. This homemade receding gum mouthwash made with Azadirachta indica helps well in the treatment of tooth and gum related diseases.
Why Use Mouthwash Without Alcohol?
In USA, Azadirachta indica has been used for thousands of years for the health of the teeth. The branches of Azadirachta indica tree were used as a toothbrush and this habit still occurs, although this use unfortunately decreases.
To evaluate the gingivitis and plaque effect of an Azadirachta indica mouthwash on plaque induced gingivitis: A double-blind, randomized, controlled trial.
This research shows that Azadirachta indica mouthwash is equally effective with fewer side effects compared to chlorhexidine and Azadirachta indica mouthwash can be used as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of plaque-induced gingivitis.
Cloves are really great against toothaches and gum disease. It is an excellent painkiller and is also a powerful remedy for bad breath odor.
Pink Himalayan sea salt is rich in minerals, inhibits the growth of bacteria, helps cure cuts and reduce inflammation of the gums.
Instructions for use:
People with swollen gums, mouth ulcers, smelly breath odor and bleeding gums will benefit greatly from this homemade mouthwash.
Rinse the mouth regularly with 1 – 2 tablespoon of mouthwash twice a day after brushing. Use also gum repair toothpaste.
But It Is So Bitter!
Azadirachta indica is very bitter, but that is also the reason that it works so well. If you use this mouthwash, it leaves a bitter taste, but that will disappear if you rinse your mouth again with water.
Naturessmile Gum Healing Mouthwash
Naturessmile Gum Healing Mouthwash cleans naturally and refreshingly. Naturessmile receding gums mouthwash is a great addition to tooth brushing and stimulates the natural functions of the gums. Receding gum mouthwash has a healthy effect on the saliva. Naturessmile gum healing mouthwash is ideal if you want to clean your oral cavity everywhere. The mouthwash provides healthy and strong gums. NS oral rinse uses natural extracts that stimulate the gums and prevent red and receding gums. The gums will become more vital, and regrow naturally.