With the fast-paced life of the modern world, people are too busy at the wheel of daily life that they rarely have time for themselves. Therefore, people don’t have time to relieve the tension that piles up from workload, stress or even just something as simple as a bad day. For that reason, honestly, anyone will need a “good crying” to let out all those negative feelings at once and refresh or detox themselves. In fact, crying has healing powers, and it is scientifically proved to be good for your eyes and your mind. So, although crying is often seen as showing one’s vulnerable and weak side, it is actually an effective way or perhaps the best way to rescue your mental and physical health. However, after crying, their eyes got swollen up leaving a visible trace of their weak moment and genuinely nobody would want to be “exposed” after crying their heart out. Because of that, today we will present to you 5 natural home remedies to reduce swelling eyes from crying so that you can keep them look good. Let’s find out what they are by keep reading our post!
Top 5 Natural Home Remedies To Reduce Swelling Eyes From Crying
1. Cold Water
Just like treating the swollen spot on your body with ice, cold water plays the same role when it comes to treating puffy eyes, and it is more convenient if you are in a public place or in a rush. Here are the steps:
- Grab a paper towel
- Soak it in cold water.
- Press it gently against your eyelids for fifteen seconds.
- Look upward, putting the towel beneath your lower lashes, and press gently again for fifteen seconds
- Let your eyes dry and repeat if needed.
2. Cold Spoons
Spoon is a daily basis utensil in every household and who would have guessed that it could be beneficial in a situation like this. Our eyes are quite sensitive, so instead of putting ice directly near the eyes area, replace it with cold spoons. You should follow these steps:
- Choose a pair of metal spoons that fit closely over your eyes
- Freeze them about 2 minutes or leave them in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes
- Then, place them over your eyes with slight pressure
- Finally, leave them until they’re warm. Repeat if necessary
As we all know, massage helps to stimulate blood circulation, reduce tiredness, and increase blood flow. Therefore, this method can also be useful for easing your swelling eyes. Here are the steps:
- Use your ring finger to gently press the pressure points in your brows for a few seconds
- Sweep your fingers from the inner corner of your eyes outward for five times
- Now, close your eyes and massage the bridge of your nose
- Gently tap your fingers like playing piano around the eyes area
Cucumber is famous for being a soothing and relaxing ingredient. In fact, beauty experts often use this ingredient to refresh and cool down their skin. Other than that, it contains de-puffing agents that will help fight swelling eyes.
Note that the cucumber needs to be in cool temperature. You must rinse it before applying to your eyes. Also, you should cut it into thin slices so the cucumber slices can properly cover your eyes like an eye mask, therefore, raising the effectiveness of this natural method. Here are the steps to do it:
- Put the cucumber in the fridge until it’s cool
- Take them out and cut it into 2 thin slices
- Place them over your eyes for 15-20 minutes
- Let your eyes relax and remove when the cucumbers lose their coolness
5. Tea Bags
Tea is not only a natural soothing thing for our body but it also becomes a good remedy when it comes to eye problems. There are two antioxidants in green tea or black tea called flavonoids and tannins, all of which offer anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, they can be used in remedies to reduce any puffiness. Green tea tends to be more effective than black tea since it has higher flavonoid but you can choose to use either of them. You should follow these steps:
- Take 2 bags of green or black tea and dip them in hot water for 3-5 minutes
- Take the tea bags out and put them in a container
- Put them in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Take the tea bags out and gently squeeze them until they’re damp
- Lay the tea bags over your eyes for 15-30 minutes
- Remove then rinse off any tea stains
There you have it, above are seven easy home remedies to treat swelling eyes after crying. Hopefully, you can find the method that you have been looking for and add it to your home remedies. If you find these remedies effective or you have others of your own then don’t forget to comment below and share it with us. We’re happy to receive any of your comments.
This guest post is by Emily Pham, a blogger with over 10 years of experience in searching the effective remedies for skin care and health problems.